BDR

aka Team Black Dogs Rule

Friday, March 15, 2013

Thank you Major and Raven

Scene from a morning run at Puddingstone
I'm going to run the LA Marathon this Sunday. This is not my first marathon, and it won't be my last. But I am in better shape for this one then I have been in the past, and I owe a lot of that to these 2 dogs.

In training for this race, I've been running 5-6 times a week since December. On 90% of those runs, I have had atleast 1, and often both of these dogs with me.



They never complain about the weather or how early it is. And often times, the only reason I have even gotten out of bed is because these dogs are staring at me at 5am waiting for me to put on my shoes. Major is the workhorse. He will run with me all the way up to 18 miles (all though I am going to hold him back to about 13). Raven only goes with me if we are running under 7. They love being outside. And now that the weather is getting nicer, I expect more trail running with these 2.

We have chased bunnies, squirrels, ducks, and coyotes together. They kept me company on runs at 4:30am, and they stayed close when it was 35 degrees. They don't care if it's dark or bright. They are happy to drink from my bottle, a bowl, the water fountain, or even the stream. They just want to go. I believe I am faster now from running with them, and all though I may not be able to keep up that pace for 26 miles, I look forward to my next 1/2 marathon.

Major likes running with the Laker cheerleaders

So thank you Major and Raven, you 2 are the best running buddies a guy could ask for, and I wish you were running with me Sunday! I won't let you down. We make a great team!



Team Blackdogsrule

1 comment:

  1. Blackdogs Rule. Congrats on LA and willing that gear for Ink n Burn

    ReplyDelete