BDR

aka Team Black Dogs Rule

Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome!

It's been a long time since I've done this with any frequency. One could even say it was a different lifetime ago.

So, who am I? I'm a dad of 2 beautiful kids. My wife and I have a boy and a girl, and our daughter is a type 1 diabetic and has Asperger's (a high functioning form of autism). In order to help us keep her blood sugar in check, we have 2 service dogs, or Diabetic Alert Dogs, better known as DAD's.






I'm also a runner, going on just over 2 years. I started shortly after my daughter was diagnosed. The day my daughter was diagnosed was the day she saved my life. I quit smoking (I had a heart attack at 38, and smoked for 30 years), changed my eating habits, walked away from a stressful/hectic work schedule, started running, and lost 35 pounds.

And in order to keep the DAD's healthy and build/keep up their endurance, I run with them.



Going forward, I plan on posting about several topics. The most frequent ones will be life with a diabetic child, life with service dogs, running, family, and I will share my love of photography. It's been a while since I've had an outlet like this, so I look forward to getting this going again. I can do a lot more here with my photography and stories then I can on our Facebook Page Guardian Angel for Stella

Frank

1 comment: